Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Disturbance in the force....

It appears I have hit one of those bumps in the road we often run into.  Right now mine feels like a 12ft brick wall, but you get the idea.  We dropped our son off at Boy Scout camp on Sunday and he will be there until Saturday.  He has never been away from home this long without us and it has been ROUGH!  He called Monday morning and I didn't recognize the number so I hit the big red "decline" button.  Big mistake.  When I checked the voicemail, I heard my sweet child sobbing and begging me to call me back.  It was brutal. I desperately tried to call back right away, but it was a pay phone and I kept getting a busy signal.  So I spent Monday crying and experiencing the worst Mom guilt ever known to motherhood.  But he hasn't called back, so I'm sure he is fine, but my heart still aches.  I never knew you could miss someone so much.

This is really a time of flux and change in our family and I'm not big on change.  I know the whole "theory" about the only constant in life is change- but I am not a fan.  Today my little baby girl went to Vacation Bible School for the first time.  She has been waiting to go since she could talk and voice her displeasure that her brother got to go, but she didn't.  So it's been a week of growing up and changing for my kids and a week of tears and pleading with God for more time with them for me. And it is only Tuesday....

Tuesday is my weigh-in and meeting day and it seems my streak continued.  I managed to gain 6 lbs in one week!  How exactly does one manage to do that?  I had never been an emotional eater, in fact in the past if I was upset I would just stop eating.  So I am trying to be more aware of my emotional eating, but I am still trying to absorb (no pun intended) how exactly I put on 6 freaking pounds??  That is basically one pound a day!

But I am taking a deep breath and realizing that tomorrow is a new day.  I don't know what caused ALL of those six pounds to jump back on my hiney and all I can do is recommit to myself.  Recommit to the things I know work for me, tracking the food I eat, the activity I do and know that God is walking next to me on the journey.  And I need to remember that He loves my son more than I ever could and when I can't put my arms around him and tell him he is going to be ok, Jesus is sitting right next to him up the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains and filling his heart with peace and keeping him safe.

But don't get me wrong, come Saturday morning I will be racing up to the camp to pick up my boy and by that night all will be right in Castle Howard.

Peace~
Melinda




1 comment:

Brandy said...

I highly doubt you ate 21,000 extra calories. A lot could be stress related, water retention, or the meds, etc...There is so much that can affect our weight each day. So don't sweat it and keep focused. p.s. It's almost Saturday, sweet momma! ♥